Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Step One: What do you know?

To find ones ancestors, one must first make note of everything that is already obvious.

So, I searched my closet for the information that my mother, myself and others have already produced and found that on some family lines we had quite a lot of information, while others, very little.

The lines with the least information are the ones that fascinate me the most.

For example, we have a line with the surname of Levi. Sounds like a Jewish name and this fascinates me. There are other Jewish surnames too.

My hope is that over the next year, I will be able to learn more about my Jewish ancestors.

If it takes longer that's great, but I have taken out a one year subscribtion to Ancestry.com and hope that great strides will be made before my subscribtion ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment